Saturday, December 28, 2013

What Time is It?

Sitting at Jeweler getting battery replaced for watch. I'd love to do it myself, but, I keep losing the small screws.

This jewelry store I go to used to be in East Chicago. It has left the city and moved further south. 

I think on how many people have bought jewelry from this store. I wonder if they still have their layaway program with an incredibly high interest.

I wonder if they still do their store credit. Also, with high interest. They made a killing in East Chicago. 

I've never bought jewelry from them. All I wear are watches and occasionally a stainless steel necklace to hold the ring my son gave me.

Three of the four watches I rock, Steph bought for me. The other one she picked out. 

I don't wear rings. Not even my wedding ring. Love, Steph. 

I wear the necklace when I'm thinking about my son. Peace, Dion.

I don't think I will ever wear much jewelry. I think about the blood, sweat, tears, and poverty linked to the business. It outweighs the shine for me.

I did buy my wife a pair of diamond earrings out of appreciation for what she does. I'm grateful she's not big on jewelry. Too many negative emotions linked to the jewelry purchasing process for me.

I do want to lace her wrist with some diamonds though. Living in this country makes me schizophrenic. 

My watch should be done by now.  Peace...

No comments: